For pasta in particular, he likes oil-based sauces. Which is why I think this last savory recipe from my Sabrina's Kitchen Series is perfect for my little family! I'm sure Richie will love this as much as I did! And I'm pretty sure Rain will love it too! She loves pasta!
So here we go! (Warning: Long recipe title hehehe)
Mccormick herbed butter pasta topped with topped home made chorizos and mussels
sautéed in dark beer or rum
- 1 kilo pre-boiled muscles. With neared cut off ( that's hair inside muscle )
- 1/4 cup small shrimp
- 1 cup of chopped chorizo. You can use home-made or store-bought. ( Sabrina shares that adding Paprika to cheap chorizo maximizes the flavor! Making it taste not-so-cheap!)
- 1/4 cup garlic
- 1/4 cup rum or half a bottle dark beer (or rhum)
- 1 pack angel hair pasta
- The magic ingredient!: herb butter!
How to make herb butter...
- 1 cup melted light butter ( add half a teaspoon oregano, rosemary , thyme , garlic and about 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste)
- Place melted herbed butter into a container and freeze.
Let's get crackin'!
1.) Sautée chorizo, for about 10 minutes.
2.) Add black beer / rhum , garlic
3.) Add shrimps and then mussels. ( You may use any shell fish in season)
Ready to serve!
4.) To serve, noodles should be hot for the herb butter to melt in. Add slice of herbed butter on top of the hot pasta.
5.) Top of with the sautéed mussels and chorizo. Sprinkle Parmesan to taste. ENJOY!
Trivia from Sabrina:
Did you know that boiling + freezing stops the aging process of seafood? Sabrina shares that whenever she buys fresh seafood but won't use it 'till the next day, she boils them first for about 10 minutes, and then puts it in the freezer for tomorrow's use. Cool, huh? Forgot to check if it works for meat too...
Sabrina's Kitchen will start airing on the Asian Food Channel, 19th of April.
It's every Friday at 8pm with replays on Saturday at 1:30pm and Sundays at 8:30 am.